Pyramid Computer GmbH:
Building IT as pioneer for the digital marketplace
Pyramid is a leading developer and manufacturer of IT solutions for the retail & hospitality market. The company hardware solutions include interactive kiosks, networks & security as well as computer vision.
Designed & Engineered in Germany
Pyramid, founded in 1985, is today the #1 manufacturer worldwide of self-ordering kiosks for restaurants – over 33000 kiosks were shipped to well-known global enterprises.
Customer proximity, flexibility and modularity combined with innovation guarantee minimum time-to-market and best in class solutions for the fast-growing market of digitalized marketplaces.
More than 130 employees are based at the headquarters in Freiburg and our production and logistics facility near Erfurt.
Benefit from our custom services and concepts:
“We have delivered innovative, quality IT solutions that fulfill our customers’ needs since 30 years.”
Interested in more information?
- „Made in Germany“
- Short delivery times
- Certified to DIN EN ISO 9001
Certifications & memberships
We bear the mark of a company whose value proposition is based on a sophisticated quality assurance process.
We consider ourselves a dedicated, quality-oriented team consistently delivering business partners the best products, services and information. The only measure of success we consider is our customers’ satisfaction.
EHI Retail Institute
EHI is a scientific institute of the retail industry. Its more than 750 members include international retail companies and their associations, manufacturers of consumer and capital goods, and various service providers. EHI cooperates with the most important international institutes and associations in this sector.
Intel Technology Provider
Pyramid is an approved Intel Technology Provider, our employees having been certified by Intel. You are looking at a company trusted by Intel and very familiar with Intel products and related technologies. Intel certification covers not only Intel microprocessors but also complex technologies such as server and network technologies.
Kiosk Manufacturer Association
KMA is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organization focused on better self-service options for all types of customers and employees through a self-service machine and information technology (IT). The Kiosk Manufacturer Association leads efforts to optimize self-service engagements and engagement outcomes using information technology such as kiosks.
Kiosk Marketplace is the world’s premier news and information sites dedicated exclusively to the kiosk and self-service industry.
Location Based Marketing Association
The Location Based Marketing Association is an international group dedicated to fostering research, education and collaborative innovation at the intersection of people, places and media. Our goal is to educate, share best practices, establish guidelines for growth and to promote the services of member companies to brands and other content-related providers.
Microsoft Gold Certified
Microsoft Gold Certified partners use Microsoft products as the building blocks of various services such as consultation, planning, integration and implementation of IT solutions. We are characterized by extraordinary IT know-how as well as expertise in specific segments such as e-business, network management and license management, among others.
Our history from day one
- Frieder Hansen and Niko Hensler found Pyramid Computer in their home garage. The company specializes in the assembly and distribution of Apple II and IBM XT compatible PCs.
- Founding of the GmbH with partners Frieder Hansen, Niko Hensler, Markus Müller and Christian Pogoda.
- The company moves to a 450sqm timbered house in Freiburg, Carthusian street. In just two years the number of employees expands to more than 30.
- Moving to the new building and today’s company headquarters in Freiburg, Bötzinger Straße: over 2500sqm accommodate office, warehouse and production. There are now more than 50 employees at Pyramid.
- Introduction of an own design PC line “WaveLine®”; a sales and distribution
dealer network is being built.
- Pyramid’s managing directors receive the prestigious “Entrepreneur of the year” award.
- Development and worldwide sale of the “Mustang PostScript LaserJet Controllers”.
- Takeover of employees and products of “CD Computer and Datentechnik GmbH”. For the first time more than 10,000 systems per year are produced.
- Diversification phase: subsidiaries in software, services and commerce are established.
- Pyramid is certified to ISO9001 for the first time.
To this day, this certification is successfully reviewed annually.
- Development of BenHur the first multi-function server running with Linux; own software company and distribution via European dealer network.
- Various innovation awards, including the “Dr. Ing. Rudolf Eberle Prize” of the State of Baden-Württemberg.
- BenHur wins the High-Tech Award “CyberOne” – one of the most important business competitions. In the same year, the BenHur division is sold to an investor.
- Establishing an office in the US, increasing expansion and development in industrial customers and network appliances. The DesQFlex chassis platform is presented and produced in Freiburg.
- Opening of the production and logistics center in Amt Wachsenburg (Thuringia) with a production capacity of approx. 800 systems per Day and over 3.000m² area.
- Growth to more than 18,000 manufactured systems, accompanied by numerous audits of well-known customers from industry and trade.
- Presentation of the new Pyramid chassis technologies VarioFlex and MiniFlex II.
- Pyramid wins Intel® Channel Innovation Award for filia® Branch Server. The systems is presented to a knowledgeable audience on a Europe-wide roadshow
- Pyramid presents polytouch®, the world’s first large-format (32″) multi-touch system with projective capacitive technology (PCT).
- The second generation of the polytouch® is presented. Its modular “Brick Concept” allows many other designs and thus more tailor-made solutions for the retail sector.
- Pyramid strengthens its commitment to machine vision with the CamCube family, which continues to grow. New models complement the IPC offer for the IBV of Pyramid in the low- and the high-end area.
- January 2020: Pyramid establishes a North American sales, operations and logistics partnership with an experienced sales and leadership team.